Performsure -Public Liability Insurance for Performers and Entertainers
PERFORMSURE is a public liability insurance policy designed to cover performers and entertainers who are booked to turn up and perform and earn less than $ 250,000 income per annum.
PERFORMSURE can cover the following activities / occupations:
- Solo Entertainers & Musicians
- Music Duo’s, Trios and bands up to 12 performers
- Children’s Entertainers such as clowns puppeteers, face painters, costume characters
- Street theatre performers such as fire eaters and jugglers
- Magicians (including Hypnotists, providing not on cruise ships).
- Performing groups, acrobats, dance groups
- Mobile DJ’s and Karaoke Operators
- Spruikers & MC’s
- Music Teachers
- Actor (excluding named performers)
- Presenters of Workshops providing they DO NOT INCLUDE any of the excluded activities.
Note that if you hire venues to put on an event you do not qualify for PERFORMSURE.
N.B. At this time we do not have an online facility for brokers.
Brokers, please fill in the PERFORMSURE Proposal Form
If you are an Event Organiser, please refer to our EVENTSURE or Entertainment & Events Liability products.
Performsure Liability Insurance Premiums
- $20,000,000 Limit of Liability
- Excess $ 500
- Worldwide cover (excluding North America)
- Annual Cover
- No common due date
- Unlimited number of performances
- Turnover up to $250,000
Acrobats & Aerialists, Actors/Acting, Astrologers, Balloon Sculpting, Bands, Baton Twirling, Bingo Callers, Bubble Blowing, Burlesque Artists, Caricatures, Cartoonists, Characters, Children’s Entertainers, Clairvoyant, Clowns, Comedians, Comperes, Costume Characters, Dancers, DJ/VJ’s, Escape Artists, Face & Body Painters, Fire Performers, Hula Hoop, Impersonators, Jugglers, Karaoke Hosts, Magicians, Marching, Marriage Celebrants, MC’s, Mime, Models, Musicians, Pavement Art, Physical Theatre, Plate Spinning, Poets, Promotional Staff, Public Speakers, Puppetry, Race Callers, Singers, Spruikers, Stage Hypnotist, Statues, Stilt Walkers, Storytellers, Tarot Card Readers, Temporary Tattoos, Theatre Performers, Trivia Hosts, TV Presenters, Unicycling/Trick Cycling.
The Premiums (starting from):
- Solo Performers : $ 145.00
- Duo Performers : $ 215.00
- 3-5 Performers : $ 365.00
- 6-8 Performers : $ 545.00
- 9-12 Performers : $ 770.00
Please note these premiums are indicative prices only, based on your activities fitting within one of the listed occupations, being booked to turn up and perform, earning no more than $ 250,000 per annum, having had no prior claims or criminal convictions and subject to review and acceptance of a completed proposal form.
Our performsure premiums are minimum and deposit premiums. This means that no refund will be given upon request for cancellation once the policy in is place.
Performsure Frequently Asked Questions
What does public liability cover?
Public liability insurance provides cover against claims made against the Insured arising from third party personal injury or third party property damage, where such injury or damage is caused by the Insured’s negligence and for which the Insured is legally liable to compensate.
Public liability does not cover injury to the Insured applicant or employees of the Insured. Public liability does not cover loss or damage to Insured applicants own property or equipment.
What is the period of cover?
The policy will run for 12 months and expire at 4pm on the anniversary of the date you take out the insurance.
Who is the Insurer:
Performsure is underwritten by Arena Underwriting as agents for Berkley Insurance Australia (ABN 53 126 559 706 AFSL No. 463129). Action Entertainment Insurance is authorised under a binding authority to issue cover on behalf of Arena.
How do I qualify for Performsure
You must be one of the below occupations, who is booked to turn up and perform at a function, event, venue or party put on by someone else. We do not cover event organisers, event promoters or performers who “self-promote” their own shows (i.e. self-promoting means hiring the venue to stage your own show). Door-deal arrangements with venue owners are not considered “self-promoting” and are acceptable under this policy.
You or your group or business must not earn more than $250,000 gross turnover per annum.
Note: If your activities fall outside of the above guidelines, we can still assist you with one of our other products. Please contact us if you are not sure.
What are the features & benefits of Performsure liability
- The policy automatically insures the liability of all performers of the insured group or business including the liability of sub-contracted or substitute performers. Performers do not need to be named on the policy in order to be covered.
- The policy insures all performers under one policy – no individual policies required for each performer.
- Unlimited performances covered.
- Audience participation is covered provided it does not involve sporting, adventurous, dangerous, hazardous activities or involvement with fire performances.
World Wide geographical cover (excluding USA & Canada).
- $20,000,000 sum insured.
- A $500 excess applies to each and every claim arising from activities conducted within Australia.
Note: The above is just a summary of cover. Please refer to the policy wording for full details of coverage including the terms, conditions and exclusions which are applicable.
What is NOT COVERED by Performsure liability insurance?
- Claims arising from Sexual Molestation.
- Claims arising from the activities of security companies or crowd control personnel.
- Claims arising from injury to PAYG employees or contractors who are deemed "workers" under the relevant States' workers compensation legislation.
- Contractual Liability - the policy will not cover liability assumed under contract or agreement (i.e. hold harmless, indemnity clauses).
- Excluding fireworks & pyrotechnics but not fire.
- Excluding liability for loss or damage to performers own equipment – this risk can be insured under our GEARSURE EQUIPMENT INSURANCE policy.
- Excluding claims arising from injury to persons who participate in sporting, adventurous, dangerous or hazardous type activities conducted by Insured.
- Excluding audience participation in fire activities
- Excluding Insureds acting as event organisers, event promoters or Insureds who "self promote" their own performances (i.e. Bands who hire out venues to stage their own performances. Door-deals are not considered "self-promoted"). If you self promote or act as the event organiser, event promoter, event manager or event coordinator, please contact our office to discuss further as we will still be able to assist with another product.
Do you have to join an Association and pay an additional membership fee to take out a policy?
There is no requirement under our Performsure policy to be a member of an association and therefore no additional membership fee applies.
Our Perform-Sure policy automatically includes contractors as co-Insureds whilst they are performing for the insured band or group. These contractors can be substituted at any time with other performers or entertainers, providing the total number of performers/entertainers does not exceed the number you have insured for under your policy.
Do you insure Pty Ltd companies?
Performsure policy can insure Pty Ltd companies, not for profit organisations, partnerships, sole traders and private individuals. You DO NOT need an ABN to take out our policy.
Does your policy exclude injury to performers?
Providing your performers are not PAYG employees, there is NO exclusion in our policy for injury to performers or entertainers. If your performers or entertainers are PAYG employees then you will need Workers Compensation Insurance to cover claims arising from injury to PAYG employees. Should you require further information on Workers Compensation Insurance, please contact our office on 1300 655 424.
Do you deal with other insurance brokers?
Yes, we can offer our Performsure policy on a wholesale arrangement to other insurance brokers. For brokers please contact our office on 02 8935 1500 to discuss obtaining this policy on a wholesale arrangement.