Eventsure Frequently Asked Questions

What does public liability cover?

Public liability insurance provides cover against claims made against the Insured arising from third party personal injury or third party property damage, where such injury or damage is caused by the Insured’s negligence and for which the Insured is legally liable to compensate.

Public liability does not cover injury to the Insured applicant or employees of the Insured. Public liability does not cover loss or damage to Insured applicants own property or equipment.

What is the period of insurance?

Eventsure policies are non-renewable short term policies issued for one off events.

The period of insurance should include the dates of the event as well as an allowance either side of the event for set up and pack down activities.

Who is the Insurer:

Eventsure is underwritten by Arena Underwriting as agents for Berkley Insurance Australis (ABN 53 126 559 706 AFSL No. 463129). Action Entertainment Insurance is authorised under a binding authority to issue cover on behalf of Arena.

What if my event is expecting more than 500 attendance?

We can still assist with liability insurance for events with an expected attendance of greater than 500 people. Please contact our office if you event falls into this category and we will advise you on how to obtain a quote.

Do you insured 18th or 21st birthday celebrations?

We can consider cover for these types of events, however there are certain limitations. Please contact our office to discuss further.

My event includes alcohol. Will Eventsure provide cover?

Providing your event is not an 18th or 21st birthday party, we can cover events where alcohol is being served or supplied. A special excess of $1,500 will apply to claims which result from the supply, sale or service of alcohol at your event.

If you have engaged a third party supplier to sell, service and supply alcohol you should ensure that the supplier provided evidence of their own liability insurance.

My event includes sporting or adventure activities. Will Eventsure provide cover?

The policy will NOT cover claims arising from injury to persons participating in sporting or adventure activities. Please contact our office if your event falls into this category so we can advise you accordingly.


Action Entertainment Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 20 103 891 265 Corporate Representative No. 237473 as an authorised representative of Action Insurance Brokers P/L ABN 39 080 844 426 AFS 225047

Privacy Policy
Family Violence Policy
Financial Services Guide